Monday, December 31, 2012

Review - Opal (Lux 03) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My last review of the year!

Title and Author: Opal (Lux 03) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: December 11th, 2012
Paperback/Hardcover: 382
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Find it at: Goodreads / Bookdepository


Summary:
No one is like Daemon Black. 
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. 
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love. 
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever. 
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
  
Review:
I’m a fan of the Lux series so of course I had to read Opal as soon as possible. The book did not disappoint me and even if I was hoping for a little more action, the sweet moments between Katy and Daemon  made up for it.
Opal picks up shortly after where Onyx ended. Dawson is back and, this time, Katy, Daemon and company need to come up with a plan to save the ones they love.
All my favorite characters are back and better than ever.
Katy is still a book enthusiast, which I love and I still think she’s a good main character. I especially like the fact she never lets Daemon have his way easily and always has a witty response ready for him.
Daemon is definitely still great. He can still be quite cocky, smartass and arrogant sometimes but, when he wants to, he also is sweet, protective and all around amazing. He really lets his sweet side show in this book.
The relationship between Daemon and Katy becomes more playful and sweet and less problematic. The banter between them is well-written and, as always, able to keep me entertained. The chemistry between this two is great.
We also get to see a different side of Dee in this book, which I though was interesting.
When it comes to the plot, it develops nicely and it’s full of interesting moments, curve balls and unexpected events. I must confess the ending didn’t surprise me that much but all the action kept me on the edge of my seat.
All in all I quite enjoyed Opal and thought it was a great continuation of the series. I can’t wait to find out what will happen next. The book is well-written, the plot is interesting and the banter and sweet moments between Katy and Daemon are fantastic.
If you have read Obsidian and Onyx you definitely need to read this book and if you haven’t started this series yet, what are you waiting for?

Rating: Somewhere Between Worth Your Time and Must Read (4 ½ Stars)




 

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on this book. JLA strikes again :D

    ReplyDelete