Monday, April 8, 2013

Interview with - Danielle Peterson Author of Our Blissful Bayou Beginnings

Interview with - Danielle Peterson Author of Our Blissful Bayou Beginnings
 



The Duck And The Doe is the tale of two immortal beings whose eternal love has soured a bit in the last two centuries. Written as memoir by the "hero," this novella is a musing on both what love is and how much America has changed since the early 19th century. The first volume deals with both the supernatural and the racism of the old American south. Told with humor and passion (and the occasional rant) the story of these strong characters, including a wealthy young lawyer and a clever courtsean, will change your idea of what "love forever'' really means.



1 - Have you always wanted to be a writer? 

I don't know if it's something I wanted or if it was compulsion, but either way, it's always been there. 


2 - What inspired you to write?
   
I would create entire stories and characters in my head, and the plotlines and the development would go on for weeks, or even months, so I supposed that I may as well write them down.


3 - Can you describe the book to your readers in 10 or less words?

Love makes you irrational but you can't get enough. 


4 - What can you tell us about your characters?

One is weak but thinks he's strong, the other is strong but pretends to be weak.


5 - Which character was the hardest to write and why?
       
The sorceress, because they don't exist and as such I have no idea as to what one would be like.


6 - Can you name a few of your favorite books and authors?
       
I've always been a fan of Steven King's books, I like the flow and the insights he gives to the character's states of mind. I read a   lot of non-fiction as well, mostly social and cultural history. 

 
7 - Is there something else you would like your readers to know? What's next for you?
     
That I write to entertain, and that behind what I tell about character there is a deeper story that will never be fully revealed or explained, yet will be given away by subtle clues via phrasing or references. It makes it more fun for me, for it to be a game like that. Although I am very busy with my education, I will try to write more in the series of The Duck and the Doe, usually in the back of my notebook during a particularly boring lecture.  


Thank you, Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment