Saturday, January 26, 2013

Interview with Bella Forrest author of A Shade of Vampire

Interview with Bella Forrest author of A Shade of Vampire





Title and Author: A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest
Publisher:
Publication Date: December 14th, 2012
Paperback/Hardcover: 147
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Find it at: Goodreads / Amazon







 
1 - Have you always wanted to be a writer? If not, when did you know you really wanted to write?

I've always had a pretty vivid imagination. My favorite subject at school was creative writing and I wrote a lot of poetry in my spare time. From quite a young age, I felt the urge to express my ideas in words. So I have pretty much always been writing. Although it was only recently, on December 14th (2012), that my debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was published.

 
2 - What inspires you to write?

Nature is a huge inspiration for me. I love waking up at about 2.30am to write. I stay up to watch the sun rise and hear the birds as they wake. Music is also a big inspiration.


3 - What's the biggest challenge you face when writing?

The main challenge for me in writing is always trying to organize my ideas for the story outline. I find this quite frustrating at times because I have a hyperactive mind, and it can be difficult to order my thoughts.


4 - Can you name a few of your favorite books?

Pride & Prejudice, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Matilda (by Roald Dahl), The Hobbit, Death on the Nile. 


5 - What about authors? Who are your favorite writers? Why?

I have a lot of favorites, but I'll list three:
Jane Austen. I’m a hopeless romantic and her characters and stories feed my addiction. They were just made for me!
JK Rowling. In my view, she is one of the most incredible story-tellers of our time. Needless to say, I’m a major Potter fan.
C.S. Lewis. His excellent books were such a huge part of growing as a reader when I was a child. I still revisit his stories to this day, from
time to time.


6 - What can you tell us about A Shade of Vampire?

If I'm honest, its release on December 14th (2012) has left me in shock. Since its release about 35,000 readers have downloaded a copy. It was also Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon. I still feel as though it's a dream.


7 - Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?

If you'd like to find out more about me, have any questions, or would just like to chat, you can find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ashadeofvampire
Twitter: www.twitter.com/AShadeOfVampire
And you can get personal email updates from me here: www.forrestbooks.com


Thank you! 

1 comment: