Friday, November 16, 2012

Interview with Katie McGarry about the Pushing The Limits Series


Interview with Katie McGarry about the Pushing The Limits Series





Katie McGarry answered a few of my questions about Pushing the Limits and the other books in the series.
I hope you enjoy this interview!






1 - Have you always wanted to be a writer?

I have always considered myself a storyteller, but I never thought that I was talented enough to be a writer so I pursued other career paths. A few years ago, I decided to write some of my stories down. I enjoyed it so much that I kept writing.

Never in a million years did I think I would land an agent and it still seems unreal that a publisher purchased my story.


2 - What inspired you to write Pushing The Limits?

I was actually writing another book when I stumbled across the voice of Echo. When my character broke out into “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood” then later wished she would spontaneously combust, I knew I had found someone new…someone whose wit made me laugh, but whose hurt made me ache.

I write love stories so I free wrote for awhile in order to find the perfect guy for Echo—that one person who could help her with her pain. This person was Noah.


3 - Can you tell us something we might not know about the series?

When I first began writing, Echo’s name was originally Sarah.


4 - Your characters are very complex and complicated. Do you find it difficult to bring them to life?

Echo and Noah were definitely challenging characters to write. Their hurts became my hurts and I often cried while writing them. At the same time, the two of them could make me laugh, especially when they were together. Echo and Noah have unbelievable chemistry and I love their banter.


5 - I know a lot of readers fell in love with Noah. How do you feel about that?

Thrilled!!! I absolutely love Noah and I’m so excited to know that others love him too!


6 - What are some of your favorite books? Why?

I absolutely love The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. It was the very first book I ever stayed up all night to read. I connected completely with her characters and how they looked upon their friends as their family.


7 - What can you tell us about the next book in the series?

Dare You To follows the story of Beth, a secondary character from Pushing the Limits. It is scheduled to be released in 2013.


8- Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?

I’d like to thank them. Every day I am humbled and in awe that people have been moved by Pushing the Limits. I read your e-mails, twitter and facebook messages. Thank you so much for your love and support!




You can find Katie at:


1 comment: