Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Book Boyfriend



My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme, hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader. It is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out the My Book Boyfriend Introduction Page over at Missie's blog The Unread Reader.


This week my book boyfriend is:


Ty Garrison from Lucky In Love by Jill Shalvis
 

 
 
  
Stats

Status: Ty is an ex-Navy Seal medic who's in Lucky Harbor while recovering from an injury. He's very mysterious and the ladies who are in charge of the Lucky Harbor facebook page have named him Mysterious Cute Guy. He's Mallory love interest.

Age: 30-something

Height: Tall
 
Eyes: Green

Hair: Dark

More info: Ty is haunted by a moment in his past and, even though, he's sure he's not the type of man Mallory should be interested in he can't seem to stay away from her.

 





"His hair was tousled, like he’d been shoving his fingers through it.
Stubble darkened his jaw, and his firm, sensuous mouth was unsmiling. The scar abovehis brow was new and shiny, and the mirrored sunglasses only added to the whole ruffian look he had going on. It suited him, in a big way.
He was dressed in cargoes and a dark Tshirt snug across his broad chest and loose over his abs. He looked big, bad, built, and dangerous as hell."


 
“Are you coming onto me?”
“Well, technically, you’re on top of me,” she pointed out. “So I think that means that
you’re coming onto me.”
With a groan, he pressed his forehead to hers and swore beneath his breath, and not the good kind of swear either. And though she should have seen this coming, she hadn’t. He didn’t want her.
It was perfect, really. Perfect for the way the rest of the night had gone. Horrified, humiliated, she pushed at him. “Sorry. I got caught up in the moment. I’m not very good at this, obviously.” He didn’t budge so she
shoved him again. “Excuse me.”
He merely tightened his grip. “Not goodat what, exactly?” he asked.
“Really? You need me to say it? When he just waited, she sighed. “Attracting men. I’m not good at attracting men. Now if you could please get off.”
He lifted his head and cupped the back of hers in one big hand, his eyes glinting with heat. “You first,” he said rough and gravelly, leaving no mistake to his meaning

Ridiculously, the whole thing gave her another warm fuzzy, immediately followed by an inner head smack. Because no way was she going to be the woman who fell for a guy just because he gave her a silly stuffed animal that she didn’t need. You’re not supposed to fall for him at all, she reminded herself. “This is very teenager-y of us,” she said.
“If we were teenagers,” he said, “we’d be behind the arcade, and you’d be showing me your gratitude for the stuffed animals by letting me cop a feel.”
“In your dreams,” she quipped, but her nipples went hard.

"Mallory, you can use me anytime."
"But you said one-time only," she reminded him.
"Actually, you said that. And plans change. Apparently I left you needing more, which is the same thing as unsatisfied in my book." His gaze went hot and dark. "We'll have to fix that."

Model: Julian Escott

I got m idea of who Ty looked like from My Keeper Shelf! So, what do you think?
Who's your book boyfriend this week?

4 comments:

  1. Ty! I still remember Lesley's post on him and now I have him on my TBR list! Love the quotes and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sold on Ty based on that second quote alone! I've heard such fabulous things about this book...I need to get caught up with Lucky Harbor sometime soon.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-39-spade.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweet goodness - he's the BEST! If there is ever a reason to go out and read this book immediately, it's him, and that is just what I NEED to do right away. Those pictures and quotes are absolutely perfect and I am so hooked. Thank you SO much for sharing all of him! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-12-galen-forza.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you liked Julian as Ty, I'm a new fan of the series as Lucky in Love was the first one I read but I have the next 2 books from Net Galley now so that's my reading for the weekend sorted!

    ReplyDelete