Monday, February 6, 2012

Team Smackdown

Here's the second Smakdown of the day.

Team Jem (Infernal Devices Series) vs Team Peeta (The Hunger Games Series)


Jem is being defended by Rimsa

Team Jem - Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare
Name: James Carstairs
Appearance: Silver eyes, silver hair
Heritage: Half chinese, half British
Age: 17
Shadowhunter!

Jem is one of the most compassionate, caring, yet HOT male characters you will ever find in any book. He is half Chinese and plays the violin which is so cool! Unlike so may male characters, he actually treats girls with respect and can make you feel really good about yourself. He is nice to everyone and even Will loves Jem, that must mean soemthing right? Since Will hates pretty much everyone.

Eventhough Jem is a total sweetheart, he definitely has a smutty side which people will see in Clockwork Prince :) Did i mention he is Chinese? He also speaks Mandarin and says some seriously cute things which any girl would love to hear and totally meakes my heart melt.


“Say something in Mandarin,” said Tessa, with a smile.
Jem said something that sounded like a lot of breathy vowels and  consonants run together, his voice rising and falling melodically: “*Ni hen piao liang.”
“What did you say?” Tessa was curious. 
“I said your hair is coming undone — here,” he said, and reached out  and tucked an escaping curl back behind her ear. Tessa felt the blood  spill hot up into her face, and was glad for the dimness of the
carriage. “You have to be careful with it,” he said, taking his hand back, slowly, his fingers lingering against her cheek
.

* that actually means 'You're beautiful'


Jem also has an extremely tragic back story and yet he treats people nicely and doesnt take it out on everyone else by being rude to them. *cough cough* Will!

how can you not love such an adorable guy who is aslo dying. I dont know about you, but it would be heaven for me if Jem played the violin for me or talked to me in his sexy mandarin! So VOTE FOR JEM <3


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Team Peeta - The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

Info:
Name: Peeta Mellark
Age: 16
"Peeta has bright blue eyes and blonde hair, like most families who live in town. Katniss describes him as Stocky build and medium height with bright blue eyes and ashey blonde hair that falls in waves over his forehead."
Peeta is gentle and kind, but when he is threatened, he fights well. He's willing to do anything to protect  the girl he loves.


Quotes:

“I do the cakes,” he admits to me.
“The cakes?” I ask. I’ve been preoccupied with watching the boy from District 2 send a spear through a dummy’s heart from fifteen yards. “What cakes?”
“At home. The iced ones, for the bakery,” he says….
“It’s lovely. If only you could frost someone to death,” I say.
“Don’t be so superior. You can never tell what you’ll find in the arena. Say it’s actually a gigantic cake —” begins Peeta."


“Peeta,” I say lightly. “You said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?”
“Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair . . . it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up,” Peeta says.
“Your father? Why?” I ask.
“He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner,’” Peeta says.
“What? You’re making that up!” I exclaim.
“No, true story,” Peeta says. “And I said, ‘A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?’ And he said, ‘Because when he sings . . . even the birds stop to listen.’”
“That’s true. They do. I mean, they did,” I say. I’m stunned and surprisingly moved, thinking of the baker telling this to Peeta. It strikes me that my own reluctance to sing, my own dismissal of music might not really be that I think it’s a waste of time. It might be because it reminds me too much of my father.
“So that day, in music assembly, the teacher asked who knew the valley song. Your hand shot right up in the air. She stood you up on a stool and had you sing it for us. And I swear, every bird outside the windows fell silent,” Peeta says.
“Oh, please,” I say, laughing.
“No, it happened. And right when your song ended, I knew — just like your mother — I was a goner,” Peeta says. “Then for the next eleven years, I tried to work up the nerve to talk to you.”
“Without success,” I add.
Without success. So, in a way, my name being drawn in the reaping was a real piece of luck,” says Peeta.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you've read a little bit about each of the guys in today's Team Smackdown is time to vote for your favorite!  The Team that wins today will face another Team in the last round!

Which Team are you on?
Team Jem Team Peeta   
pollcode.com free polls 

You can vote for this until Saturday. Results will be posted on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Eep the votes are really close, Team Peeta is leading by a hair. Go Team Peeta!

    ReplyDelete