Monday, February 6, 2012

Team Smackdown

Hello! Round 2 of the Team Smackdown!

There will be two smackdowns going on today (in differente posts) and one tomorrow so that next week we can start the last round! Be sure to vote on all the Smackdowns!


The first Smackdown is:

Team Ash (Iron Fey Series) vs Team Jace (The Mortal Instuments Series)


Ash is being defended by Meghan:

Team Ash - The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Hey everyone! I'm Meghan ( @SapphireNight83 on twitter. And no, I'm not Meghan Chase) and I'm advocating for Team Ash! First, here's a little snippet about the man.

ASH
Name: Prince Ash
Seriously Elaborated Name: Prince Ash of the Unseelie (Winter) Court, third son of Queen Mab.
True Name: Ashalynn'darkmyr Tallan
Age: Unknown
Species: Unseelie Fae
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Silver
Skills: Controls ice, trained in combat and sword fighting

Why He's Called Ice-Boy
Since he is the ice prince, Ash can definitely come off as cold and unemotional. Being a son of Mab he is constantly fighting against his brothers for favoritism from his mother. He knows the cruelty of the Unseelie, but unlike his brothers he doesn't revel in it. He doesn't care about what anyone thinks about his and because of this he withdraws himself from the court frequently. He'd rather be reading or out hunting in the wyldwood.

A True Knight
Ash is a man of honor and definitely can hold his own in battle. When he wants something he will go after it with everything he's got until he wins. It doesn't matter how outnumbered he is or what danger lies before it. He will endure the depths of the Iron Realm and survive near death in order to reach the goal. Unlike some faeries who find a loophole out of a situation Ash isn't afraid of confrontation. He'll even defy his Queen and Court  without regret.

Where His Loyalty Lies
As I said, Ash doesn't like to hang around his home court and is willing to defy it. At one point in time he was Robin Goodfellow's best friend and despite his oath to kill him he can never bring himself to do it. He also falls in love with the Seelie Princess, Meghan Chase, and has vowed to protect her no matter what. He goes against the courts and even is willing to turn human for the one he loves.

Quotes:

"But, unlike the others, he looked disinterested, almost bored, with the entire event. His eyes caught the moonlight and glittered like silver coins."

"Our paths were woven together, our fates intertwined, and before the last battle I swore I would follow her to the end of the world, to protect her from all threats, including my own kin, and to die for her if called to do so. I became her knight, and would have gladly served this girl, this mortal who had captured my heart, until the last breath left my body."

"His fingers tightened on mine and pulled me forward. Startled and overbalanced, I looked up at him, and then he was kissing me."

"The dwaft snorted. 'Yeah. Sure, whatever. But, I want a serious answer, Prince.'
Ash was still for a moment. 'Yes,' he murmured, his voice so low I barely caught it. 'She's worth it.'"

"Ash lowered his head, drawing us even closer. 'I went to the End of the World for you, and all you have to say is how well I've aged?'"

"'Forgive me,' Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. 'But I can't...I won't...give her up. Not now, when I've just found her.'"

"Let it be known-from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on...' His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. 'I am yours."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jace is being defended by Ajia

Team Jace - Mortal Instuments Series by Cassandra Clare 

Name: Jace Lightwood
Hair: blonde
Eyes: gold
height: 5'11
Age: 17
Species: nephilim


Personality: Charm, confidence and wit make up jace's personality. He comes across as arrogant and distant with his sarcastic comments but inside he is broken because of the love he never got. He never forms emotional attachments for more than a short period of time, if at all, because of the way Valentine, has taught him, that "to love is to destroy". The only people Jace has any feelings of love for before meeting Clary were the Lightwoods. To most people he may seem like a jerk, from the way he insults people but when he loves someone, he is dedicated and lets them see his true self. He is also one of the funniest guys ever, always having something witty to say!

Quotes:

There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”

“Usually I'm remarkably good natured. Try me on a day that doesn't end in y.”

“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.

“Out of the corner of her eye she thought she saw Jace shoot her a look of white rage - but when she glanced at him, he looked as he always did: easy, confident, slightly bored.
"In future, Clarissa," he said, "it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations."
"You invited him into bed?" Simon demanded, looking shaken.
"Ridiculous, isn't it?" said Jace. "We would never have all fit."
"I didn't invite him into bed," Clary snapped. "We were just kissing."
"Just kissing?" Jace's tone mocked her with its false hurt. "How swiftly you dismiss our love.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you've read a little bit about each of the guys in today's Team Smackdown is time to vote for your favorite!  The Team that wins today will face another Team in the last round!

Which Team are you on?
Team Ash Team Jace   
pollcode.com free polls 

You can vote for this until Saturday. Results will be posted on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment