Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chelsea Fine Interview




Chelsea Fine accepted to answer a few of my questions. 
She is great so check out her answers! I hope you enjoy them.







1 - Tell us a little bit about yourself? 
CF: Well, I’m obsessed with brushing my teeth. Haha. I probably brush my teeth 4-6 times a day. Because I’m weird. I have two kids; a five year-old and a six year-old and I’ve known my husband since we were teenagers. I’m an artist by trade (I paint murals and stuff), and I really hate cleaning. I love watching teen drama on TV and, if I could, I would marry coffee.

2 - Have you always wanted to be a writer? How does it feel to be a best-selling author?
CF: I’ve always wanted to be creative, and I’ve always written short stories and novel plotlines, etc. But I don’t think I truly decided to be a writer until I was in college. Being a best-selling author still sounds surreal. Haha! But it’s a dream come true and I’m so very grateful to all my readers out there who believe in me and my books! Readers rock!

3 – What inspired you to write Sophie & Carter?
CF: Sophie & Carter started off as a writing exercise to clear my head. But it just sorta…took hold of me and became its own story. There was no real inspiration behind it other than I wanted to write about hope and perseverance and friendship and love. And, hopefully, that’s what I did.

4 – Out of all your characters, which one is your favorite and why? (I must say I loved Carter!) :)
CF: Haha! My favorite character to write is one my readers haven’t met yet. She’s a character named Heather in my new paranormal series, The Archers Of Avalon. Heather is superficial and suspicious and WAY too happy for her own good. I get a kick out of writing her. But, as far as Sophie & Carter goes, my favorite character was probably Chloe. Chloe was happy and innocent and, in my opinion, gave Sophie a real reason to believe in hope.

5 – What would you like your readers to take away from your book?
CF: HOPE. (Have I used that word too many times today? Haha) I want readers to finish Sophie & Carter and think to themselves, “Everything is going to be okay.”

6 – Will there be a sequel to Sophie & Carter?
CF: Yes. It will probably come out sometime next year…if everything goes according to plan. :)

7 – What is your favorite part about writing? What would you say is the most challenging part of the process of writing a book?
CF: My favorite part is writing scenes with a lot of tension…sexual tension, angry tension, ironic tension…I love the drama of it all! The most challenging part of writing a book is probably the set up. You have to have a back story that’s not going to fall apart halfway through the book, you know? So the set up is crucial…and tricky.

8 – Which author or authors influenced you the most?
CF: Stephenie Meyer was a big part of why I wanted to write young adult fiction, as opposed to any other genres. And J.K. Rowling is the reason I wanted to write, period. The Harry Potter books blew my mind! :)

9 – What was the last book you’ve read that you absolutely loved?
CF: I really loved Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter. (And I’m totally Team Lucas. :))

10 - Can you tell us a little bit more about your future writing projects?
CF: I’m currently working on a series called The Archers of Avalon. The first book in the collection, Anew, should come out in December. It’s a story about a girl who wakes up in the woods without any memories, but meets two brothers who inform her that she’s been cursed to die. The brothers try to save her life, while fighting over her because, naturally, they both have feelings for her. (Love triangles are the BEST!)

11 - Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?
CF: Um…I’m really chatty and I love to hear from readers! So, don’t be shy! :)


Thank you so much, Chelsea!

You can find Chelsea at:

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing such wonderful things about Sophie and Carter. I'm really excited there's going to be a sequel. I must get on this one!

    ReplyDelete