Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
This week I m reading:


Frostbite by Richelle Mead



"His hand hovered there, and the world stood still as I waited to see what he would do. After what seemed like an eternity, he let his hand gradually fall back to his side. Burning disappointment washed over me, yet at the same time, I'd learned something. He'd hesitated. He'd been afraid to touch me, which maybe –just maybe-meant he still wanted to. He'd had to hold himself back."


""Okay, can you just stop this for once?" I demanded, hands on my hips.
"Stop what?"
"The whole profound Zen crap thing. You don\'t talk to me like a real person. Everything you say is just some wise, life-lesson nonsense. You really do sound like a Christmas special." I knew it wasn't entirely fair to take my anger out on him, but I found myself practically shouting. "I swear, sometimes it's just like you want
to hear yourself talk! And I know you're not always this way. You were perfectly normal when you talked to Tasha. But with me? You're just going through the motions. You don't care about me. You're just stuck in your stupid mentor role."


What about you? What are you reading right now?

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, now I'm very curious....thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one, a bit of spooky romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [sigh]...loved this series. The snippets you shared are great. Hope you're enjoying Vampire Academy! :)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I swear that while reading the series I lived only for moments like these teasers. Rose vs Dimitri! Yay!
    Amy's Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I still havent read the vampire academy series but its on my TBR list.

    Heres mine: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-6.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rose!! Love it XD
    Great teaser :)
    My TT:http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete