Saturday, June 18, 2011

Top Ten Couples

 
Hello Hello! How are you all?
Last week you let me know which are your favorite couples and love triangles. Are you curious to see the list?

Instead os descriptions, this week I'll leave quotes conserning the couples here.

According to the votes received your favorite couples are: 
(Click on the image to be taken to goodreads) 


10 - Harry and Ginny from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling

"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.
"Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily, "seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels."
Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he wheeled around.
"I forgot," he said.
"Lucky you," said Ginny coolly.

"Ginny, listen...I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."
"It's for some stupid noble reason isn't it?"
"It's been like...like something out of someone else's life these last few weeks with you. But I can't...we can't...I've got to do things alone now. Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you were my best friend's sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get me through you."
"What if I don't care?"
"I care. How do you think I'd feel if this was your funeral...and it was my fault..."



9 - Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

"She hardly knew how to suppose that she could be an object of admiration to so great a man."

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" (Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth)

“You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on the subject forever." (Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth)



8 - Mia and Adam from If I Stay by Gayle Forman
"This is the you I like. You definitely dressed sexier and are, you know, blond, and that's different. But the you who are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow. I love that you're fragile and tough, quiet and kick-ass. "(Adam to Mia)


"If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay."(Adam to Mia)



7 - Anna and Etiénne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


"Har. Bloody. Har."
He smiles. "Oh, I see. Known me less than a day and teasing me about my accent. What's next? Care to discuss the state of my hair? My height? My trousers?"
Trousers. Honestly."

"Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here."

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." 



6 - Rose and Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

"Rose: "Do you think I'm pretty?"
Dimitri: "I think your beautiful"
Rose: "Beautiful?"
Dimitri: You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes" 

"The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms." 

"You…you got rid of that dress fast," I pointed out between heavy breaths. "I thought you liked it."
"I do like it," he said. His breathing was as heavy as mine. "I love it."
And then he took me to the bed." 



5 - Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
"Well, if you don't like it, you know what you the solution is, don't you?" yelled Hermione; her hair was coming down out of its elegant bun now, and her face was screwed up in anger.
"Oh yeah?" Ron yelled back. "What's that?"
Next time there's a ball ask me before someone else does and not as a last resort!"
Ron mouthed soundlessly like a goldfish out of water as Hermione turned on her heel and stormed up the girls' staircase to bed.
"I love you, Hermione," said Ron, sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes wearily.
Hermione turned faintly pink, but merely said, "Don't let Lavender hear you saying that."
 
"Ron, he saw, was now holding Hermione and stroking her hair while she sobbed into his shoulder, tears dripping from the end of his own long nose."



4 - Sam and Grace from Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series) by Maggie Stiefvater

"You're beautiful and sad," I said finally, not looking at him when I did. "Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again." For a long moment there was only the whirring sound of the tires on the road, and then Sam said softly, "Thank you." 

"I stood on my toes and stole a soft kiss from his lips. "Surprise attack," I said.
Sam leaned down and kissed me back, his mouth lingering on mine, teeth grazing my lower lip, making me shiver. "Surprise attack back."
"Sneaky," I said, my voice breathier than I intended." 



3 - Clary and Jace from The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Clary: "Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
Jace: "If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked." 

"And now I’m looking at you,” he said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of myself to the Lightwoods, to Isabelle and Alec, but it took years to do it – but, Clary, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. If you want me

 "I love you, Clary wanted to say. And, I would do it again. I would always ask for you.

"What were you dreaming about?"
"You." He twisted a lock of her hair around his finger. "I always dream about you." 



2 - Edward and Bella from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." he murmured.
I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
What a stupid lamb," I sighed.
What a sick, masochistic lion." 

"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

"You're my life now." 



1 - Peeta and Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

“Peeta sits beside me, leaning against the wall, his bad leg stretched out before him, his eyes trained on the world outside. ‘Go to sleep,’ he says softly. His hand brushes the loose strands of my hair off my forehead. Unlike the staged kisses and caresses so far, this gesture seems natural and comforting. I don’t want him to stop and he doesn’t. He’s still stroking my hair when I fall asleep. ”

“‘Then I’ll just have to fill in the blanks myself,’ he says, and moves in to me. This is the first kiss that we’re both fully aware of. Neither of us hobbled by sickness or pain or simply unconscious. Our lips neither burning with fever or icy cold. This is the first kiss where I actually feel stirring inside my chest. Warm and curious. This is the first kiss that makes me want another.”

“‘Having an eye for beauty isn’t the same thing as a weakness,’ Peeta points out. ‘Except possibly when it comes to you.’”


So, what do you think of this list?
The list for Top Ten Love Triangles will be posted soon as well as the feature giveaway winner.

7 comments:

  1. Love this post!!!
    The quotes were a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the quotes and pictures you put in :) A bit surprised Ron and Hermione weren't higher up, to be honest! Also, I seriously hope I remembered to put Adam and Mia in my list :| I love them but I can't remember... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good couples!

    Yay for Harry & Ginny, Ron & Hermione.
    Sam & Grace are lovely. :)
    Peeta & Katniss all the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elleira Thanks. I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Story Queen I think you did. A lot of people did anyway, which is good. They are a very nice couples. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful post.I loved the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These don't surprise me at all! I'm glad my favorites made the list! :)

    ReplyDelete